12. What are your thoughts or simulation results of the balancing costs in a regime of 15 min ISP and one price settlement?
We think the balancing costs will mainly depend on other fundamental drivers in the Nordic energy market. With that said, the introduction of aFRR will mean that the TSOs are increasing the total volume of reserves, and this may lead to a short term increase in balancing costs.
23. Are all Nordic countries implementing 15 min ISP at the same time?
Yes. It is most efficient to implement 15 minutes ISP in the Nordic countries at the same date. If countries implement 15 minutes ISP at different dates, cost will rise for the common settlement system of eSett and we will have a less efficient Nordic balancing market. Market parties operating in several Nordic countries will have to relate to different ISPs, which will increase costs.
26. The datahubs in Finland and Sweden are expected to go live in 2021. Will the change to 15 minutes ISP come after the go live of these hubs?
Although these two datahubs are expected to go live in 2021, there is a risk of delays. The Norwegian Elhub is an example in that respect. Thus, even though the implementation of 15 min ISP is now delayed, the Nordic TSOs would like to avoid any dependency between the datahubs and 15 minutes ISP, while avoiding potential extra costs for market parties, in particular DSOs, if 15 minutes ISP comes before the go live of the datahubs.
42. Will the time table to be published after consultation include more detailed dates, than Q4/2022?
The updated/finalized roadmap after consultation will probably be on the current level of detailing regarding timing. Projectplanning/management will be an ongoing activity througout this program and that will also give us more details so that we can update the roadmap continuously. We assume this question mainly relates to the date for go-live of 15 minutes ISP. The detailed date is subject to a regulatory approval process.
43. Will the new 15 min settlement be implemented across both DK1 and DK2 at the same time?
Current working assumption is that it will be implemented at the same time in DK1 and DK2.
50. Will all meters have to be reconfigured or replaced when we move to 15 minutes ISP?
Which meters to be reconfigured or replaced to have a 15 minutes granularity is a national decision taken by each NRA or ministry dependent of national legislation. In general, production meters with the potential exception of micro production, exchange points between meter grid areas and consumption above a certain treshold will be reconfigured or replaced.