Nordic mFRR capacity market
What: Today, TSOs have national capacity markets for manual frequency restoration reserves (mFRR). mFRR replace aFRR as TSOs restore the frequency back to the normal band (49,9 – 50,1 Hz) or reduce the area control error to zero.
How: TSOs pay BSPs for guaranteeing that they will provide bids in the mFRR energy activation market. Both producers and consumers make bids in the mFRR capacity market. While aFRR is delivered by production units that are already rotating, mFRR can be delivered by production units that need to start up or demand facilities powering down. The national mFRR capacity markets will be combined into a Nordic market after we move to 15-minute time resolution.
Why: TSOs must secure sufficient mFRR to cover so-called dimensioning errors, the tripping of the largest production unit or HVDC cable within the respective TSO’s control area. The capacity market ensures that these resources are available.
- Data publication from the Go-live of Single Price October 22, 2021
- Confirmation of Go-live of Single Price and Single Position on 1 November 2021 October 8, 2021
- Presentations at the Nordic Stakeholder Reference Group telco 14 September 2021 September 10, 2021
- Updated version, September 2021: Implementation guide mFRR EAM September 9, 2021
- Nordic aFRR capacity market go-live dependent on flow-based external parallel run September 2, 2021
- NBM in a nutshell August 23, 2021
- Changes in NBM program management June 24, 2021
- Presentations and link to recorded webinar on Implementation Guide and Memo on process for activating products in mFRR energy activation market June 24, 2021
- Updated version June 2021: BSP – Implementation guide and Memo on process for activating products in mFRR energy activation market June 14, 2021
- Updated version, June 2021: Implementation guide aFRR capacity market – BSP v2.6 June 10, 2021
- Presentations and link to recorded webinar on Nordic TSOs 15 min imbalance settlement period June 9, 2021
- Presentations at the Nordic Stakeholder Reference Group telco 3 June 2021 May 31, 2021
- Agreement on harmonisation of the BRP imbalance fee level for Sweden, Norway and Finland May 19, 2021
- Invitation to webinar on updated Implementation Guide for market participants in the common Nordic mFRR energy activation market May 12, 2021
- 15 min Imbalance Settlement Period webinar, hosted by Nordic TSOs May 7, 2021